Today - Guiding students toward lifelong success
The SSSCU Board of Directors and its Executive Team recognized the positve impacts that the CIC was making and wanted to find a way to empower employees to continue to serve locally and support initiatives that better the lives of Southern Nevada's youth. To further the philanthropic work of the CIC, the Silver State Schools CU People Over Profit (POP) Foundation, a Nevada nonprofit charitable 501(c)(3) organization, was created in 2019.
As the charitable arm of Silver State Schools Credit Union, the Foundation's primary focus is elevating education and financial literacy to support initiatives that prepare Southern Nevada students for long-term success and fulfilling lives.
Equip Southern Nevada students with tools, resources, and access to build a better future by educating, empowering, and enhancing our community for the common good.
To support educational programs and Southern Nevada nonprofit organizations that primarily work with students in grades Pre-Kindergarten - 12 and beyond.
The Foundation serves Southern Nevada.
The Core Values of the Foundation consist of Financial Literacy, Education, Equity, and Opportunity. The Foundation is committeed to student development by working in partnership with nonprofit organizations whose initiatives address at least one of the following objectives:
- promote financial literacy for youth,
- provide youth educational opportunities, and
- provide post-secondary scholarship opportunities.
Through our commitment to equity and opportunity, partner programs must share in these core values through a commitment to equitable access and opportunity to the students they serve.
- The Foundation will be the primary source in awarding scholarships to Southern Nevada High School Seniors,
- The Foundation will be responsible for the SSSCU Happy Times Calendar, an annual community-wide program that promotes visual arts and provides students an opportunity to showcase their artwork,
- Lead recruitement and hiring process for the Director of Development. This position will lead fundraising efforts as well as marketing and business development aspects for the Foundation,
- Through development of in-school branches, provide learning opportunities and work experience for students in the financial service industry,
- Promote financial literacy skills through literacy education to Southern Nevada students and their parents/caregivers.
Our part of the bigger picture - taking action to create change
From partnering with like-minded local nonprofit organizations to uncovering unmet needs within our community, we are eager to do more for Southern Nevada students. When goals are big and expectations are high, collaboration is essential. When we can team up with other organizations that share our values, we can make a more powerful impact - together.